Reality


13.5 hours away today. I got a taste of what it feels like to commute again and really work away from home and my kids all day long. My boss had an event today at a hotel in Marin that I had to work. It was a really long day and when I'm away like that, I really miss the the boys.



Then Jim texted me a picture of Jimmy and his new hair cut and for some strange reason I got all emotional and it made me cry. I couldn't stop crying. I can't believe how old he looks now, he's definitely growing up and there's nothing I can do about it.


I wish I could freeze time.


All I could think about today was how I don't know how I could work full time--and commute outside of the house. I've been really lucky and really spoiled being able to work from home. This morning I had to get up at 6:00 am and take a shower and put on real clothes...pants with a zipper; not elastic sweats or jammies. I had to put on a bra on and I couldn't wear my ball cap.

I know, someone call me a whambulance! Poor me. I'm speaking Whinese...


I guess my point is that it is soooooo good to be HOME with my family and I have one more day left in this weekend so I'm pretty happy about that. I even missed the ugly little flea infested dog.


No comments:

Post a Comment