Date Night

Grammy watched the kids tonight so that we could go to a movie. We went on a double date with my cousin and her husband and Jim didn't even fall asleep once. It was so nice that I didn't have to elbow him in the ribs during the movie for snoring or move my seat and pretend I didn't know him.




We went and saw Youth in Revolt. It was a cute kind of teen age romantic comedy with a lot of adult content. Kind of cool that the setting was supposed to be in Oakland, Berkeley, Clear Lake and Ukiah. Thank God we didn't take Jimmy.


>

Last week I went to a movie all by myself. On a Saturday night. And I didn't for one second feel like a big loser. I was too happy to be out of the house doing something I enjoy, even it was by myself. I saw Up in the Air with George Clooney. It was just me, Clooney and troft of delicious buttery popcorn and a Costco size box of Whoppers. What? You want to know how my diet's coming along? Because I did write that down as one of my New Year's resolutions didn't I? The movie was a little on the depressing side lacking the usual "Hollywood ending". It made me want to run home and immediately hug my family.


I've decided I'm going to start doing things I like to do more often. I've got a big scrapbooking weekend coming up. Two full days of nothing but scissors, papers, stickers, pictures and my imagination. It's good for the soul.




No comments:

Post a Comment