Does This Blog Make My Butt Look Big?



It's that time again. Time for me to pick my poison. Will it be Weight Watchers? Jenny Craig? Nutrisystem? Atkins? South Beach? The lemonade diet?

It's time I got serious (again) with losing weight. I know it's time when I'm busting out my maternity clothes and all of my pants have elastic. I went to take a picture of myself and Jimmy the other night and I couldn't fit my face in the frame.

I actually lost 10 pounds on Jenny Craig back in March after I saw a picture of myself and didn't recognize ME. But it mysteriously came back. I've had people ask me when I'm due. If that doesn't get me to the gym, I'm not sure what will. I have one thing going for me, it is harder to kidnap a fat person.

Since the bad head-drop seizures began, I don't chase after the Doodle anymore and that was one of my biggest forms of exercise. I do have to lift all 37 pounds of him and carry him around but I'm not burning any calories doing that, just increasing my appetite I guess. Between the weight gain and lifting him all the time, I think that is where my back problems are coming from. Oh yeah, and I'm not getting any younger either.

So I'm officially starting today. Again. I will begin this morning with a light and sensible breakfast of champions, go for a walk and get my body moving and hopefully around midnight tonight when the pantry calls, I will be sound asleep or too sore to get up and get my usual bag of microwave popcorn and Kit Kat.

1 comment:

  1. I went on the South Beach and lost 15 lbs. It came right back with the bread and pasta when I got cocky and started dabbling. Asian girl with a best friend who owns an Italian restaurant, it's nearly impossible to escape the carbs. But if you go South Beach, I'll do it with you for 6 weeks. And weights. Let me know. I could use a little support to make me a little littler. Hang in there, be grateful for the someone you have to hold you when you cry.

    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete