A Sad Little Doodle

Today is one of those days. Four head-drop seizures before noon which means four pretty bad falls. Even though the Doodle is wearing his helmet, there are all of the other parts of his little body taking a beating. I feel like my house has turned into the most unsafe place for him and unless I am holding him, he is unprotected.

It's heart-wrenching to watch and even more devastating to not know if these seizures will ever stop. Never being a glass is half full kind of person, I can't help but think there is something really serious going on with his brain. I'm afraid to even go to Stanford in fear of what they might tell me is wrong. Our Neurologist keeps telling me these are the worst type of seizures to control. I haven't been able to bring myself to give him the possible liver damaging medication, Depakote.

I don't feel much like writing today so on these kind of days I think I will just post a picture of Dom on a better day so that I can smile; even if only for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment