Gratitude

I am so blessed to have some really kind and generous people in my life, including YOU. Oh yes, you know who you are...

This morning I woke up and as usual the Doodle started the morning off with 5-6 seizures before 8:30 am. He got up and once he started moving around, he was better. I took him upstairs and worked and then I got a text message that said,

"Just thinking of you and how you are doing. Left a little something on your porch".

I didn't recognize the number and went outside to see what it was, hoping our house hadn't been toilet papered or that a big stinky pile of dog poo was placed there on my mat. I stepped carefully onto the porch and to my delight, I was greeted with a Venti Cinnamon Dolce Latte from Starbucks, a cute gift and a nice card from my sweet friend Carolyn. Thank you Carolyn.

Then I received some really nice emails today from people who have been reading the Doodle's blog. People I have never even met before, which completely touches my heart.

I am really lucky to have such a great support system around me. Especially my mom. Today after a horrific Doctor's appointment, she did me a huge favor and took Jimmy to the city to a modeling appointment even though I know she was feeling pretty crappy. She did this because she knew I had to work and knew I was having my annual purse party here tonight. My mom and her husband Jerry help me out so much with Dominic and Jimmy that if I did not have them, I would not be able to continue working. I need to acknowledge them more and let them know how much I appreciate them.

I appreciate you. Thank you for everything.

I've isolated myself as a natural instinct, to pull back and go into a cocoon. A cocoon filled with baked goods and large amounts of chocolate. Thank you to all of you who know how hard what I am going through is and continue to try to pull me out of my funk--who call me or email me just to let me know you're thinking of me and Dommy. You've made this lonely place not so lonely. Thank you for letting me share it with you, even the shitty painful stuff.

I will end tonight's post with a wonderful email I received from my dear friend and neighbor, Sheri:

I pray you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how gray the day may appear.
I pray you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.
I pray you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting.
I pray you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger.
I pray you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I pray you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I pray you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment