Through My Eyes by Scott James

My new favorite and inspiring video/song.  This song is sung by a young man with Aspergers--and has been widely recognized in "our" community.  The Autism Community.  Interesting to hear, from someone on the Autism Spectrum, what it might feel like to be different.

http://youtu.be/UGCrzmJfwcE


'Through My Eyes' - Lyrics

See the world through my eyes

It changes shape and it changes size

It's not quite the world you see



If you could find a way to look around inside my mind

Maybe you would understand me



-Chorus-

I'm not blind, but I can't always see

I'm not deaf, but things can sound strange to me

I'm not trapped, but it's hard to feel free

Imagine what it's like to be me

Imagine what it's like to be me



It's hard for me to try to think things through or talk like you

Everything can be a blur sometimes

But if you walk along beside me, hold my hand and guide me

Together any mountain we can climb



(Repeat Chorus)



I'm dreaming of my future and it's brighter than you know

I'll get there on a different road when I am ready to go



I don't need pity, I don't need tears

I just need someone to help me understand my fears

Tell me you believe in me, let me know that i'm OK

Help me feel safe in the world, and I will find my way

(Repeat Chorus)
Imagine what it's like

Imagine seeing the world Through My Eyes


(Lyrics by Valerie Foley, Music by Fiona Johnson, Video by Phil 'Putnam' Spencer)

No comments:

Post a Comment