43,There I Said It

I turned 43 yesterday. 

Posting it here seems to make it official.  I'm 43 now. Although I don't feel 43. I feel more like 26 with lots of stress and responsibility.  I remember when 43 seemed ancient, like really old.

So, I had a nice birthday. Nothing super remarkable during the day except my mom made me French Breakfast Puffs which are my favorite.  I savored them with my freshly brewed coffee and the garage sale section of the local paper. Jim and Jimmy went riding and I had a caregiver for the Doodle so I headed out for some garage sales and antiquing at some of my favorite haunts.

Then I came home to a wonderful home-cooked Lasagna dinner which my mom lovingly made--for us and one of my dearest and oldest friends, Rosie and her family.  I've known Rosie since Junior High and it's been great to reconnect with her.  Dinner was relaxed and casual and fun to just hang out and visit. Every year my mom would make me and my brother Tony (who recently passed away) her famous lasagna. We watched some American Pickers and had some cheesecake for dessert.  After they left I watched The Real Housewives of Atlanta and went to bed early.

I got some great gifts--even Jim, who is known to be the worst shopper in the history of male shoppers, came through in the clutch.  He hit Safeway on his way home and came home with the movie about Facebook, The Social Network, Reese's Peanut Butter cups and $100 Macy's gift card! Whoot Whoot!  God Bless Safeway and the pressure from a persistent 11 year old.

The day was easy with no drama or trips to the emergency room to speak of, the best kind of birthday to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment