My Diet

So I've hit a plateau. 

I'm maintaining OK, despite my cravings for chocolate, but the weight stopped coming off.  I'm stuck at 28 pounds lost or if I'm going to be politically correct I should say "released".  I guess this means I'm going to have to get off my butt and exercise to see if that might help.  My God do I hate to exercise.  I would rather clean house or do laundry than exercise.  I would rather peel potatoes, go to the gynecologist and do math.  It probably isn't helping that it's midnight and I'm eating a brownie.

I need to stop thinking of food, it's hard to do that when I love to read foodie magazines and cookbooks, I know it's weird, but I get the best cookbooks at garage sales and I come home and read them.  It's not like I'm trying out any new recipes, but there's something therapeutic about looking at interesting food that you didn't have to cook or shop for.

So here is a recipe I am going to actually try to make.  I'm going to try to substitute the sugar with the Splenda baking sugar instead so the calorie content is a little lower--that way, I can eat MORE of them.  I love the peanut butter kiss cookies, I make those every year at Christmas, but this is another spin on baking with chocolate kisses in a weird eggless dough.

Chocolate Kiss Cookies


2 cups flour
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4-1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
Chocolate Kisses
powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350F
Combine flour, butter, sugar, vanilla until well blended, add nuts, mix well.
Chill dough 1 hour.
Flatten about 1 tbsp of dough into a pancake, place one kiss in center, roll dough around kiss until completely covered.
Bake 10-12 minutes until bottoms are golden brown.
Let cool completely.
Roll in powdered sugar. (If you roll these when they are even slightly warm they will be a goopy mess.)

No comments:

Post a Comment