Dr. Julie Griffith Update


I filed a formal complaint with the Department of Health and Human Services Office for Civil Rights against Dr. Julie Griffith, the most unethical doctor you will ever meet.

Let it go you say? No way.

It's pathetic enough I have to pay her $1260 + court costs for our stupid waste of time consultation. If I had the resources and patience, I would be suing her in court for malpractice from the physical and emotional harm she has caused to the Doodle and to our family.

There is nothing worse than putting your trust and faith in a person of power and esteem to be tricked and mislead for monetary gain at your expense.

I have been in discussion with an attorney and also the UCSF Medicals Records Supervisor because almost 1 year later, after Dr. Griffith clearly had no rights to our medical records she fraudulently obtained them anyway...

I had to wait until UCSF could confirm "how" our records were obtained and under what premise. Besides getting her hands on our records illegally, she purposely tried to cover up the evidence of her acts when we went to small claims court in March. She took white out and "whited out" the top fax information header from UCSF with the date and time and fax number on it and provided a copy to the judge...and the stupid, weird and crazy part was that none of the Doodle's medical records obtained had any bearing on our case. So, as it turns out, this Doctor is not as smart as she looks.

Since our consultation in April 2009 with Dr. Griffith - 7 different people have reached out to me with very disturbing and similar accounts of her unethical medical and billing practices. So, no, I won't let it go. As a mother, I feel it is my duty to do all I can to stop this woman who is falsifying information and diagnosis to pad her pocket book at the expense of innocent children and hopeful parents. She has cold-heartedly and calculatedly chosen "parents of special needs and autistic children" to extort money from.

Here's an excerpt from my complaint to HIPPA:


...During the appeal trial on March 19th, 2010 – Dr. Griffith provided the court and I copies of my son's medical records obtained fraudulently on March 16, 2010 (just 3 days before the court date). Dr. Griffith had NO LEGAL rights to these medical records almost one year later when she was no longer “our doctor”.
Dr. Griffith misrepresented herself to UCSF as a treating physician with respect to obtaining my son’s medical records. She provided to UCSF Medical Records Department the Release of Medical Records form that I signed in good faith on March 31, 2009 before I ever even had a consultation with Dr. Griffith. I never filled in any “dates for medical records” on the Request of Records form which I signed.

Dr. Griffith purposefully and knowingly requested medical records she knew she had no rights to. Proof of this can be gathered because the copies of my son’s medical records provided to the court had the fax information header intentionally “whited – out”. Dr. Griffith accidentally provided me with two copies of the UCSF medical report; one with the fax heading “whited-out” and one with the UCSF fax information visible. This was by no accident because if you compare the two exact UCSF reports together and line them both up together, one UCSF heading is there and the other is not.

It also shows the date and time the fax was faxed to Dr. Griffith and from where and which UCSF fax number. It also shows what time the medical records were printed in the system and by whom (3/15/10 @ 9:11 pm).

This struck me as very odd because I knew that Dr. Griffith was NOT on the distribution list of doctors to receive information, reports and records since we had only had one consultation with her and then she was fired and then she confirmed “dismissal”.

March 22, 2010 – I formally requested any and all documents that were provided to UCSF Medical Records by Dr. Julie Griffith to illegally obtain records on a patient that was not her patient. I was told by UCSF Medical Records that Dr. Griffith provided an old Release of Records signed by ME on March 31, 2009 (11 months, 14 days prior).

It is my opinion, and the opinion of others (including the staffing from the UCSF Medical Records Department), that Dr. Griffith has blatantly misrepresented herself as a Treating Physician in order to illegally obtain my son’s medical records long after being formally dismissed (in writing-certified mail April 27, 2009).

Dr. Griffith has knowingly committed fraud, violated HIPPA regulations and made false statements in a court of law. She has also perjured herself in a court of law.

*FRAUD AND FALSE STATEMENTS
Federal Law, at 18 U.S.C. 1001, authorizes prosecution and penalties of fine or imprisonment for conviction o “whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of any department or agency of the United States knowingly and willfully falsifies, conceals or covers up by any trick, scheme or device a material fact, or makes any false, fictitious or fraudulent statements or representations or makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement of entry”.

I am hereby requesting a full investigation into Dr. Griffith’s HIPPA violation against my son, Doodle Bug based on:

1. No longer being our Doctor or treating physician and intentionally misrepresenting her as such in order to obtain unauthorized medical records of my son;
2. Purposefully and calculatedly attempting to “cover up” said medical records by altering and using “white-out” on the UCSF fax header on the medical records received containing pertinent information: date, time, source and fax information and then provided to the Court and to me.

Cc: California Medical Board
Marin County Superior Court
Marin County District Attorney Consumer Fraud Division
Institute for Safe Medication Practices
Dr. Julie Griffith


I really hope this was all worth it to Dr. Julie Griffith. The whopping $1260 judgment clouded her common sense and could potentially cost her THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN FINES and possible jail time. Justice will be served. Someday. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment