Sunday Refelections


T O D A Y

Outside my window...I’m watching the rain delicately water the garden and the vineyard.

I am thinking... about what I could have possibly done to pull a muscle in my thigh since I am allergic to exercising and that could not possibly be the cause of my muscle discomfort.

I am thankful for...kisses and hugs from a family that loves me and for four completely uninterrupted hours to myself today to go junking. Thanks Lou Lou.

In my kitchen... I have a pot of homemade spaghetti sauce on simmer for dinner.

I am wearing...MY usual: sweat pants, tee shirt, sweatshirt and a ball cap.
I am creating...a beautiful new framed piece of art from my junking excursion this weekend.

I am going...to start chipping away at the aforementioned to do list which includes planning Jimmy's 10th birthday party.

I am reading...”Simple Abundance, A daybook of Comfort and Joy” by Sarah Ban Breathnach. It's not making me much more joyful.

I am hoping...the Doodle Bug’s seizures are finally under control either by medication or prayers, blessing and the grace of God. Maybe all of the above.

I am hearing...The Doodle play with his Blue's Clues House while rocking in his rocking chair giggling at something which I have no idea about.

Around the house...are piles of folded laundry that need to be put away, bins of Jimmy’s hand-me-downs to go into storage for the Doodle, a sink full of dirty dishes, a garbage that needs to be emptied, an unusually absent cat who is not coming when I call her, a plastic ice cream cone floating in the toilet, 9 half empty water bottles and a poopy diaper on our porch to welcome guests.

One of my favorite things... the smell of cookies baking in our warm and cozy home on this rainy fall Sunday to be shared with my cute family.

My plans for the rest of the week...a Monday morning conference call, work, work and more work, to tackle some of my to do list and a Parent/Teacher conference with Mrs. Carter on Thursday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment