Rainbows, Unicorns and Sunshine

So I am getting some interesting feedback that my blog is depressing and sad.

Well, guess what? Raising a child with special needs is no picnic. The autism is hard and then you throw in severe epilepsy and our life is unfortunate, painful, sad, depressing, frustrating, scary, exhausting, miserable, daunting, dangerous, terrorizing and tragic.

Some days I just cry. Some days I am devastated.

I can't pretend this isn't heartbreaking. I can't pretend this isn't happening. I can't put on a happy face and pretend everything is Honky-Dorry so that my blog can invigorate you. That's not my job. My life is not rainbows, unicorns and sunshine.

I cannot find the goodness in epilepsy and anticonvulsants and I refuse to be fake. What you see and read is what you get. It's all me. The good and the bad. When I'm having a good day, you will know it--my good days are gauged by the number of seizures the Doodle is having.

I'm all for constructive criticism but if you think I complain too much, I'm too sad and negative-- then what are you doing here? Don't read my blog. I promise you, I will not be offended.

So until you've walked in my shoes and had to take care of your very sick baby every day that is not getting better, but actually worse, and you do not know why or what the future holds, then keep your judgements and advice to yourself.

Everyone's a critic.

6 comments:

  1. What's the matter with you? You don't think this is rainbow, sunshine, and unicorns? Just think how interesting and exciting our lives are, and how boring everybody else's must be! Obviously they must be bored if they find the time to read your blog, and then criticize! These people need some excitement in their lives! Come on, people! Invite a little autism and epilepsy into your lives! There is NEVER a dull moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie- I love and admire the brutal honesty and the real, raw feelings. Yes it is sad, but it is also incredibly insightful and interesting and at times downright humorous. Don't change a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wondering where your blog is for today... come on girl. Let's hear some more gloom and doom! Maybe it will help me forget mine for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that is reality! I find when I read the doodle blog, I cry and I laugh, hey it's life. We all take the good with the bad and try to move forward. Don't ever change your blogging sad, funny, hard to deal with - that's how it is and everyone will just have to live with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your positive comments. This blog completely represents my reality and how I deal with the hand God has dealt me on a daily basis. I have good days and bad days. I wish they were all good days--don't we all. I appreciate your feedback.
    Love, Angela

    ReplyDelete