Our Very Own, Personal Tasmanian Devil


I have a new nickname for the Doodle.

Doodle Bug sounds so small, harmless and innocent doesn't it? Around the house I think I will now start referring to him as TAZ. He is the destroyer of all things.

In the past few months he has colored on our flatscreen, midnight blue I think; broken Papa Jerry's glasses; thrown my mom's phone into the bathtub; thrown my digital camera into the sand open shutter; ripped one of our screen doors with the help of our crazy cat and ripped through hundreds of dollars of our books; thrown shoes and other items out of the car window; dropped my Blackberry into a nice hot cup of coffee; broken several of Jim's family's framed pictures; thrown toys and other breakables from the upstairs balcony; and most recently--last night in fact, ripped my air card out of my laptop. He enjoys pulling things out of the refrigerator and dumping them onto the floor. And, you never know what you might find in the toilet. We have been through several universal remotes. He pretty much runs around the house, when physically able, tipping things over and getting into stuff. I shudder to mention some of things our cat has had to endure at the hands of the Doodle. If you aren't watching him closely you might find him standing in the middle of the dining room table trying to grab onto the chandelier, jumping on my bed or after escaping, running down the driveway.

I'm sure there's more. And, by golly, I'm sure there will be much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment