No Place Like Home

Just took a trip to Dallas for work.  2 nights away from the kids.  I thought it would be fun and exciting visiting a new city, staying in a nice hotel and getting some really good, solid sleep without a sweaty little four year old's head on my chest, waking up with his hair in my mouth.

Nope.

The hotel was really cool, the Magnolia Hotel in the old Historic Pegasus Gas Building in Downtown Dallas. 

But, it was work, and I had to work long hours.  And it was cold.  And I got some bad news about a friend's parents dying in a plane crash on my way to the airport.  And then I couldn't stop thinking our plane was going to crash.  And then we got snow-delayed coming back.  And I came home more exhausted then when I left, fighting a cold and sore throat.  I tried to fight the negative thoughts, but they won. I know, I need to stop complaining. I'm lucky to have a job in this economy.

I guess I'm not cut out to be a world traveler.
I miss my boys too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment