My Little Einstein




You can't see it very well in the picture but that is Einstein on Doodle's shirt.  Did you know it is said that Einstein was autistic?

And, I've heard a little nutty.

I just bought a book called The Einstein Syndrome, Bright Children Who Talk Late - By Thomas Sowell.  Can't wait to tear into that one.  I'll let you know how it is and what the heck he's talking about.

Doodle might not be able to talk, but he sure understands a lot.  I look at him sometimes and wonder what he's waiting for.  Then again, I don't want his first word to be a swear word.  But right now, I would gladly take one.

He'll be starting Kindergarten next August.  Do I think he's ready?  No.

Do I have hope?  Yes.  Mostly.

It's hard though when I think of how much catching up he has to do.  Will he ever be "caught up"?  The things kids learn in Kindergarten are so far beyond his capacity right now.  I'm hoping for a miracle.

He's 4 1/2 years old.  He can't write his name.  He doesn't know his numbers or alphabet.  He can't even sing the alphabet song.  He's not ready to learn to read yet.  He's still not potty trained.  So it scares me.

To me, he's still like having a Toddler.  He's stuck at about 2 years old right now, without any verbal skills at all.  He still just has a few signs he knows.  Caring for him is like caring for a 1 year old.  You have to watch his every move.  He can't be left alone much.  He needs help with almost everything.  When I've said as a mom, I wish I could freeze time and keep them little longer, this is not what I meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment