Daddy's Home! EDITED BY JIM (in the red)

Jim's been working out of town for a few days this week so I've been a single parent. Two kids, two different school start times can be a little bit challenging in the morning when you have three non-morning people.

Jimmy is so happy to have his dad home. AND I'M HAPPY TO BE HOME TOO! Except now that means he doesn't get to sleep with me tonight in his dad's spot and thank goodness because he grinds his teeth and the noise keeps me up all night.

I think how nice for Jim that he got a little mini-vacation....
OH YEAH, GREAT VACATION, WORKING FOUR HOURS AWAY IN FREEZING TEMPERATURES AWAY FROM HOME AND MY FAMILY.

He stayed at a quaint little motel near Yosemite...IT WAS A COMPLETE DIVE.

...had a room and King size bed all to himself with no back-kicking and night terrors from the Doodle...OK, TRUE.

...he got to sleep in because he didn't have to commute anywhere to work...STILL HAD TO GET UP AT 5:00 AM...

...he had free HBO, I DID WATCH SOME BILL MAHER AND ENJOYED IT.

...ate out at night for dinner, IF YOU CALL CARL'S JUNIOR EATING OUT?

...and had a continental breakfast ready each morning, IT WAS RICE KRISPIES AND BAD COFFEE BUT IT DIDN'T MATTER BECAUSE WE HAD TO GET UP TOO EARLY AND GET TO WORK.

...and he had fresh clean sheets and a made bed each day, I SERIOUSLY NEVER NOTICED BECAUSE I WAS TOO TIRED FROM ALL OF THE WORKING!

Most importantly...he got good, solid, sound, uninterrupted R.E.M. sleep. I DIDN'T SLEEP WELL AT ALL...AND THE PILLOWS WERE REALLY HARD.

The Doodle was pretty happy to see him tonight too. I MISS THAT LITTLE MAN WHEN I'M GONE. He loves it when his dad picks him up and rough-houses with him upside down. When he's gone, I miss the way he controls the remote and makes my coffee for me in the morning. I MISS YOU TOO ANGELA, THE WAY YOU CAN EMBELLISH A STORY LIKE NO OTHER IS REALLY SOMETHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment