Dear John



Tonight was a girl's night out...to a chick flick although I hate stereotyping this movie because my Jim would have liked it and been crying like one of the girls. The Notebook was one of my all time favorite movies ever, so I was anxious to see it since it was based on the novel by the same author, Nicholas Sparks. I have the book, but haven't found the time or gumption to read it yet.

I didn't know what to expect except that I think the main character played by Channing Tatum is really really nice to look at...so it was a nice surprise to see that there is a whole element of autism in this war-torn love story. It was interesting but a little hard to watch. I haven't spent much time with anybody, young or old with autism except for our Doodle...and he's still very much a baby in a toddler's body. In this movie, there is an older autistic boy and even an autistic man so it was both eye-opening and heartbreaking to see.

The young boy was really played by an autistic child which is cool. They had to teach him to ride a horse.

Now that I've seen the movie, I probably won't read the book since I know how it ends unless I find myself with a lot of extra time on my hands. Yah, right...that's a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment