What An Exciting Day



Today was Jimmy's first day of 4th Grade. He was so excited. He had the clothes he was going to wear all laid out last night and woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed. He got the teacher he was hoping for and one of his best friends is in his class, so he was pretty stoked this morning. I think he might have snuck one of my Go-Girls. Can you tell?


Then we had a little communication-fart take place.
A Short Bus showed up here this morning to take the Doodle to his first day of Special Ed Preschool. Only, they must not have gotten the memo that the Doodle won't be starting school this week after all. We have another IEP scheduled this Friday to determine the best classroom and school for him. I always wanted to choose the school closest to us which happens to be the school Jimmy goes to, but we are technically not in the district. So, because of the Doodle's medical condition with multiple seizures a day, they are now willing to give us a referral over to the other school because they have a medically fragile classroom there. This Friday I find out exactly what that means for him.

I have a feeling I'm going to have to be my usual demanding-self in order to fight for what is best for him there. I'm already getting some pushback on the phone with some of my requests, like asking for a one one one. Not that I need to, but it might be time to break out the Matrix Advocate if they try dicking me around too much. I hope I'm making the right decision.

Meanwhile, I still haven't been able to shake that image of the short bus driving down our driveway from my brain. I'm not sure why it affects me so much. Must have been all of the short bus jokes I told in Junior High.

No comments:

Post a Comment