Another Apology

Dear Dr. Orthodontist Sir:

It was such a pleasure meeting you yesterday at my older son's consultation. He is really excited to be getting braces!

I wanted to take a moment to apologize and thank you for your kind efforts throughout our brief, but chaotic visit. Due to some miscommunication on my part with the babysitter, I was forced to bring my 2 1/2 year old (whom we refer affectionately to as the Tasmanian Devil, T.D. for short) to the appointment. It was not my intention of bringing T.D. into your beautiful new office to cause complete afternoon mayhem, but it was fantastic the way your staff rolled with the punches.

It was sweet the way your receptionist asked me about T.D.'s helmet fashion statement and whether or not he rode his bike there. That would seem like a very logical question.

I would like to sincerely apologize to the nice father of the boy in the red shirt when T.D. threw an elephant at his head. And, I would like to also apologize to the kids in exam rooms 1, 3, and 4 who were greeted with a high pitched screaming child running around their chairs while getting their teeth worked on. Usually T.D. does not get away from me so fast, but I was completing some required paperwork.

Let me also apologize for the opening and slamming shut of the front door, over and over. The way those blinds banged so loudly against the glass could not have been very relaxing for anyone in such a serene and peaceful setting.

That was very thoughtful, too, to put the plate of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies out for everyone to enjoy. I'm just sorry they all landed on the floor of the waiting room, my reflexes aren't what they used to be.

Please excuse my lack of focus during your informative consultation. I really was listening to everything you had to say, even if it seemed like I was preoccupied chasing T.D. around your nice mahogany desk. I wish we could have sat and watched the entire Power Point presentation but with T.D. putting your important papers into the shredder, it cut that part of the consult short. Hopefully you had copies of those papers somewhere else. And, I really appreciate the way you let me barricade the exit door, taking into consideration the public fire safety codes.

Lastly, I think it was really great the way one of your assistants expeditiously fished my sunglasses out of the pretty aquarium when we were making our follow up appointment.

I know how important a healthy smile is so I want to thank you again for being so understanding and not banning us from any future appointments. I look forward to our next office visit without the presence of T.D. I promise to make better concessions next time, we will either be sure to get a babysitter or cancel the appointment altogether.

Warmest regards,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment